|(click to expand)|
We marked up the key points on April's Market Watch summary.
• Compared to April of 2014, this April sales increased by 17%
• The average selling price for April was $635,932, 10% higher than 12 months ago. Detached home price grew by 13%.Area
• The particularly active markets are: Townhomes in both 416 & 905 areas, Detached and Condos in 905 Area.
• 416 Area Detached sold for an average of $1,056,114.
• New listings modestly increased by 5%. However, actively listings are still 10% less than last April.
"Demand for ownership housing was very high relative to the number of homes available for sale in April. This situation is not expected to change markedly..." Jason Mercer, TREB's Director of Market Analysis
source: Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB)