Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB) October statistics showed that Greater Toronto Area (GTA) property market continues to be active.
"The GTA home ownership market has been broadly characterized by a rebound in sales since the summer. Market conditions have been tighter in some market segments," Dianne Usher, TREB President.
Here is our quick takeaways from this Market Watch report.
• The number of home resales increase by almost 1/5 when compared to October 2012
• A GTA home was sold at the average price of $539,058 in October.
• Detached in 416 area, townhouse and condo of both 416 & 905 were the performing segments.
• Compared to a year ago, detached and semi-detached home price increased by 10+%.
• New and active listings dropped from last October level.
"Growth in the average selling price ... will continue through 2014," TREB's Senior Manager of Market Analysis.
source: Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB)